Some responsibilities include processing of documents and data entry according to established processes, completion of activities within 24 hours of initiation and remaining up-to-date on trends, developments and agency best practices.
This position requires interaction with Lighthouse Group leadership, colleagues and customers, our carrier representatives and underwriters.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a basic understanding of insurance in order to communicate well with insurance companies and co-workers
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance coverages
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written. Should have thorough understanding of personal lines underwriting and coverage
- Ability to understand workflows and identify opportunites to streamline and improve established processes
- Proficient in computer keyboarding
- Capable of building positive relationships with other associates and communicates status of shared projects
- Documents conversation with clients and carrier representatives and updates all LHIG automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of the data in those systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit underwriting documents to the carrier
- Data entry in agency management system to ensure data integrity
- Support client facing account manager renewal process
- Support the personal lines team to help provide exceptional customer experience
- Process Renewals and Endorsements
- Process Photo requests received from Agent Team
- Complete underwriting correspondence tasks
- Issue Personal Lines change requests from Agent Team
- Issue mortgage/non-premium bearing change requests
- Issue proofs of insurance/evidence of property insurance
- Issue cancellations when signed requests are received in the agency
- Importing and assigning tasks for underwriting correspondence
- Research policy language/supporting account manager with coverage questions
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses
- Data integrity – data entry in AMS360 & ImageRight file maintenance
- Audit and correct ImageRight documentation within daily operations and log learning opportunities to be reviewed management
- Additional Duties as assigned by management