The Personal Lines Account Executive is responsible for acquiring new clients. Through their own unique sales strategy, this successful candidate will be able to identify, attract, and close new account opportunities, while developing currently established accounts, all in a fast paced environment. The ability to generate new business from marketing programs, commercial producer referrals, and key centers of influence is critical to the success of this individual. In order to achieve and maintain excellent customer relations, some account servicing is required. Each day is different from the next; especially in personal interactions. Additional responsibilities include account retention, up-selling, and account rounding. This position requires interaction with our carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and Lighthouse Group colleagues.
- Identify and develop new sources of business leads through prospecting and pre-set appointments with current clients, potential clients, as well as local centers of influence
- Create insurance proposals tailored to fit a client’s unique needs by appropriately determining carrier placement as well as coverages.
- Manage, organize, and conduct client meetings to secure new business
- Demonstrate a persuasive selling (versus telling) communication style
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Properly on-board clients by providing a thorough introduction to policy service resources as well as the Account Management team.
- Maintain a strong relationship with clients through execution of annual policy reviews.
- Properly document and update prospect and client interactions in required systems.
- Consistently complete necessary pipeline and production reports.
- Continually strive to be a leader in the industry by attending and applying learnings from various professional development courses as well continuous education training
- Support, mentor, and train lower level Account Executives as required, leading by example
- Demonstrate “how can I help you?” attitude
- Travel on company business as required.
- Perform other duties and projects as required.
- Demonstrate skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Ability to sell through consultation
- Agile closing skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work full time work schedule at Lighthouse Insurance Group facility(s).
- Maintain continuing education requirements for P & C License(s)
- Direct to consumer sales experience; 1-3 years preferred
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Currently licensed or willing to get licensed in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC)
Lighthouse Group offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k), wellness opportunities, education assistance, professional and industry designation programs as well as a flexible time-off policy.
Lighthouse Group is a growing Insurance and Title organization, with offices located throughout Michigan. Our company maintains a hands-on, personalized approach to assessing risk and offering solutions that give each client a unique experience. As a trusted advisor, we embrace a consultative approach that works to assess risk, protect assets and handle all aspects of the claims process. Our goal is to provide a level of service that guards our clients from even the slightest surprise in the event of a claim.