- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Maintains department records and reports; verifies I-9 documentation and maintains binders; maintains company organization charts and employee directory; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures manual; updates HRIS with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Conducts employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; advises and assists with processing of terminations.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary; preparation of the performance review forms and communicates due dates.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities. Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Performs benefit administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment; conducts benefits enrollment for new employees and assists with open enrollment; helps employees by explaining benefit programs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; writes and places advertisements.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; communicates changes in agency personnel, policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures agency’s compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for agency compliance with local, state and federal legislation.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Maintains manager and employee confidence by keeping human resources information confidential.
A bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ human resource experience, or a master’s degree in human resource management and two years’ experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.