Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates [companies related by common ownership or control], from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party [companies not related by common ownership and control] unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices Lighthouse Title, Inc.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you verbally or in writing, such as on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from [our affiliates or] others.
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent, lender, or attorney.
- Information we receive from public sources, such as property and tax records.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect about our customers or former customers to our affiliates or to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
We also may disclose this information about our customers or former customers to the following types of non-affiliated companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities and insurance.
- Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers and other fulfillment service providers.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We reserve the right to modify or change this policy without notice.
How to Opt Out of or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
To the extent permitted by law, you are entitled to opt out of any disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties described in this notice. To opt out:
- Email this form to: TitleComments@lighthousegroup.net, or
- Or you may mail to: Lighthouse Title, Inc., Attn: Title Compliance Dept. 877 E 16th Street, Holland, MI 49423
- Please include:
- Lighthouse Title File Number
- Please include:
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as provided in this notice. However, to the extent permitted by law, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.